HELP! Does anybody have Paypal working with 2.3

HELP! Does anybody have Paypal working with 2.3

by Alan Kmiecik -
Number of replies: 9

Going through hell trying to get Paypal to work with 2.3 (see gross details at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=210622#p918232)  Have IPN, UTF-8, coure enrolment all setup.

Two questions: 

1) does anybody have it working (preferrably in the US since I think Paypal changed their US system since I last had it working)

2) if there is a 20 minute lag time between when the seller sees the payment received email and the buyer sees the receipt email.  Will that mess up the auto-enrolment setup.

Basically #2 explains what is happening, stuff seem to flow put the return.php sees it as "Somehow they aren't enrolled yet!" and sends the "paymentsorry" message.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Kmiecik

Re: HELP! Does anybody have Paypal working with 2.3

by Alan Kmiecik -

Really?  Nobody else has Paypal working in 2.3?

In reply to Alan Kmiecik

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

- Tell us about your setup (OS, exact Moodle version, PHP version etc)

- What did you do, what happened, what error messages?

- Did you try with Debugging switched on?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Andy Braden -

I am not using Paypal myself but I do have a developer account that I test with periodically. I can report on my 2.2 site that I get the same pattern of failure with the following in the debugging.

Coding problem: $PAGE->context was not set. You may have forgotten to call require_login() or $PAGE->set_context(). The page may not display correctly as a result

line 345 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to debugging()
line 1253 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_context()
line 1362 of /lib/setuplib.php: call to moodle_page->initialise_theme_and_output()
line ? of unknownfile: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
line 55 of /enrol/paypal/return.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()

It seems as though the actual payment side is working fine, I just tested one of our training purchase sites and successfully paid for and was enrolled in the course. It appears to be limited to the sandbox environment code for Paypal.

In reply to Andy Braden

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sounds like a proper bug... can you create an account in tracker.moodle.org and report it. Please make sure you provide detailed steps to reproduce the problem to maximise the chances of it actually being fixed.

In reply to Andy Braden

by Alan Kmiecik -

Andy, that's what I am getting too.  And NO it is not just the sandbox.  I dumped the sandbox on Friday.

Clean installs of Moodle via Hostgator hosting does not work, nor does a clean install on my local EasyPHP system.

Oddly enough, of the 10 or so instances I have tested, one started working this morning.  I have zero ideas on why.  Tried copying that instance with no luck. 

Killed three weeks of my life working on this with no success.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Alan Kmiecik -

for what it is worth

Moodle 2.3.1

Apache:  2.2.22
CentOS: CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
cPanel:  11.32.4 (build 14)
Curl: 7.12.1
MySQL:  5.5.23
phpMyAdmin:  3.4.10.1
Python:  2.6.6