Pasting in tables from word

Pasting in tables from word

by Rebecca Hennard -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All

I have been a moodle user for three years. This year my school switched to Moodle 2. Previously, my "week at a glance" for my students was a small table, with colour shading, copied and pasted from word. Now, I can paste in a table but has lost most of the formatting, lines and colour and is not workable. I THINK it is something to do with security protocols and accessing the clipboard, but I am not sure.

Previously, I was forced to use IE which I really don't like, as Moodle would not work in FireFox. However, IE is extremely slow and I am going to try to switch to Firefox which seems to be ok with the new version of Moodle.

Does anyone have a fix for the table thing in Firefox?

Many thanks

Becca XX

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rebecca Hennard

Re: Pasting in tables from word

by Steve H. -

As for a browser I would try Google Chrome. I have FireFox 15 and it is buggy as can be right now. Almost everything causes it to freeze up.

I think your issue with content not looking right could be a issue with the editor not sure. 

I am not sure about the server settings but they could have it setup to strip certain tags from the input. One such tag could be the style tag and span tag.