Workshop Disabled in 2.3

Workshop Disabled in 2.3

by John Holmes -
Number of replies: 3

I do not seem to be able to enable Workshop in 2.3 (we upgraded from 1.9 over the June/July recess.

See screenshot

I go into settings and have tried default settings and changing them, but it is always disabled.

Any thoughts?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Holmes

Re: Workshop Disabled in 2.3

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi John, this is known usability issue. Unfortunately at this "Plugins overview" screen, plugins are just reported to be Enabled or Disabled and the "eye" icon is just a picture, not a link. I know it is very confusing and should be fixed (by removing the icon).

You can enable the Workshop module at Site administration ► Plugins ► Activity modules ► Manage activities page.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

by John Holmes -

David,

Thanks so much.  That was it.

By the way, I remember you getting feedback years back as you were writing this module.  Just wanted to say thank-you.  I am attending the MoodleMoot in Hong Kong and offered to present a couple of different workshops/presentations.

I offered to do one on your workshop module which I describe as "the best kept secret in Moodle". I reallly think that this is the case.  Your re-write has taken the concept that was available in 1.9 to a highly useable and educationally effective learning tool.  Thanks so much for your work on this.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Holmes

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for these nice words John. In free software world, such a feedback is the most valuable reward for a developer. I really appreciate.