Moodle documentation: Teacher Manual

Moodle documentation: Teacher Manual

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 6
For the first time in many months I clicked on the 'Help' link in the 'Administration' manual in Moodle 1.5 and discovered that the Teacher Manual is still virtually the same one that I saw when I started moodling two years ago! I think it is time to update the teacher manual. Has someone produced an updated version for their local site that they could contribute?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Moodle documentation: Teacher Manual

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Hi Gustav,

Actually, I'm planning to use this link in the admin block as the enty point to the full user documentation. The link would be available for both teachers and students, but the documentation shown would be (partly) different.
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Gustav W Delius -
Yes, the update of the teacher manual should only be a short-term solution until the full user documentation is ready.

I like Martin's idea that "Every page in Moodle could have a help button in standard locations (in the header and footer)" which would make the "Help..." link obsolete.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Michael Penney -
Hi Gustav, I just updated it for 1.4.x, this is what we have here:
http://learn.humboldt.edu/doc/view.php?id=10&file=teacher.html

I'd be happy to share if folks are interested.

It's in Book format, here, so pretty easy to edit, though the style sheets sometimes get messed up on export to printsad.

I'm going to be updating for 1.5 in the next few months.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Timothy Takemoto -
Of Matt Riordan's Manual (to version 1.3?), Jason Coles's 'Undestanding Moodle" and Michael Penney's Teacher Manual, please may I ask, which is the most up to date?
Timothy