The PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present.

The PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present.

by QLD BNE -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

Yesterday I have installed a moodle server and took note for future reference for every step as below. I am trying to configure LDAP but have received following error.

"The PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present. Please ensure it is installed and enabled if you want to use this authentication plugin."

How can I fix that? (I am new to linux)

LMSLinux installation notes

• Ubuntu Server 64 Bit 12.04 LTS
  • Hostname: lmssystem
  • Full name: Myname
  • Username: username
  • Pw: mypassword
  • Guided LVM Partitioning Used Entire HDD
  • MySQL root user: root
  • MySQL root pw: rootpasword
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
  • sudo reboot
  • sudo apt-get install php5 php5-mysql php5-curl php5-xmlrpc php5-intl php5-gd
  • cd /var/www
  • sudo nano phpinfo.php 

<?

Phpinfo();

?>                              

• Ctrl-X + Yes +Enter
  • Check phpinfo.php  Confirmed it's working!
  • sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends ubuntu-desktop
  • mysql –u root –p
  • CREATE DATABASE moodle DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
  • GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON moodle.* to ‘moodleuser’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password';
  • FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
  • SHOW DATABASES;
  • QUIT
  • Install Firefox
  • download.moodle.org and download setup file
  • cd /var/www
  • sudo tar –xvf ~/Downloads/moodle-2.3.1.tgz
  • cd /var/
  • sudo mkdir moodledata
  • sudo chown –R www-data:www-data moodledata
  • sudo service apache2 restart
  • Go to web browser and run installer IP/moodle
  • Copy the error code and go to
  • Cd /var/www
  • Cd moodle
  • Sudo nano config.php
  • Paste the code then Ctrl+X and Yes   and Enter
  • Lmsadmin  and password has been defined.
  • Moodle is operational.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to QLD BNE

Re: The PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present.

by QLD BNE -

Update: During Ubuntu Linux Server installation LAMP Server and SSH roles also have been installed.

In reply to QLD BNE

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

> Yesterday I have installed a moodle server and took note for future reference for every step as below.

Neat work. Going to be useful to others too. You may want to compare your notes with http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Installing_Moodle_on_Debian_based_distributions.

> I am trying to configure LDAP but have received following error.
> "The PHP LDAP module does not seem to be present. Please ensure it is installed and enabled if you want to use this authentication plugin."
>
> How can I fix that?

Usually "apt-get install php5-ldap" is enough. In the worst case "service apache2 restart".

> LMSLinux installation notes

What is LMSLinux BTW?

Few other points I've noticed:

> <? Phpinfo(); ?>

A typo, phpinfo all lower case.

> sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends ubuntu-desktop

Learnt a new option! I'll be happier though if there's no "desktop" on my server.

> sudo mkdir moodledata
> sudo chown –R www-data:www-data moodledata

Right at the beginning the recursion is not needed. Also just the ownership suffice too. So the simplified version "sudo chown www-data moodledata".

> Go to web browser and run installer IP/moodle
> Copy the error code and go to

Is of course the suggested config.php!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by QLD BNE -

Hi Visvanath,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for typo and LMSLinux thing as I copied from my word document whihc auto capitalization and LMSLinux (my server's name).

I couldn't find other way to install moodle that's why I installed desktop and firefox and continued that way (found on youtube tutorial).

Now ldap page started working thanks very much. Tomorrow morning I will start playing but I have noticed weird behaviour on the menus. I opened another topic for that previously. Do you have any idea why it hapens.

Navigation menu items are not clickable. For example when logged in as the administrator the "Site Administration" menu item can not be clicked or expanded.

I experiencing this problem only when I visit the website from the outside of organization. For example from home! Menus working fine when I visit the site from inside of organization. What cause that and how can I fix it?

In reply to QLD BNE

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hello

> as I copied from my word document whihc auto capitalization

Eeeeks! You take a text editor for that!
;-D

> I have noticed weird behaviour on the menus. I opened another topic for that previously. Do you have any idea why it hapens.

Those so called menu navigation where the items open at close at will? No, sorry!

Wait, just a wild guess: Does your Moodle have two URLs? Then check http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=210190. Otherwise open a new thread, may be the "Themes" forum http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=46 is a better place.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by QLD BNE -

smile)) Yes I always use text editor. Since I was gonna print this document in colour coded stages like a tutorial, I decided to use word, never expected to use the notes heresmile))

Yes you are right, I have 2 URLs for internal and external access. That make sense, I need split DNS to solve that issue.

Thanks very much