Choice module update issue

Choice module update issue

by Marcus Hoberg -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

we encountered the following issue when updating a moodle 1.9.12 via moodle 2.2.4 to a recent moodle 2.3.1. and then backingup/restoring to a different native moodle 2.3.1 (same code):

In moodle 1.9.12: choices are filled out, responses are displayed correctly.

In updated moodle 2.3.1: choices are there, responses are displayed correctly.

After backup/restore to a fresh moodle 2.3.1 installation: choices are there, but no responses are included. New responses can be made, and the new ones are displayed correctly.

Any idea, why I lost responses during backup/restore in the same moodle version?

In addition to that, the order of choice options is mixed up after backup/restore.

Best regards, Marcus

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Hoberg

Re: Choice module update issue

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

heh - that's a bug that was introduced in Moodle 2.0 but hasn't been noticed until the past couple of weeks - if you update to the latest stable it should work a bit better - see MDL-34994 for more info.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Marcus Hoberg -

Hi Dan,

thanks for concentrating my attention on the respective bug tracker entry, and of course thanks for fixing the issue! We implemented the suggested code into our 2.3.1, and found that restored user data is displayed now.

Do you also have an idea concerning the order of choices? The issue with that is that people often don´t really read the text, and if voting options are not in the ascending or descending order, they click on the wrong item.

Best regards, Marcus

In reply to Marcus Hoberg

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

heh - wasn't paying much attention there... that's an easy fix too - had to make a similar change in SCORM code already, if you create a new tracker issue for it I'll push through a fix sometime this week.