Unlimited Grades Issue

Unlimited Grades Issue

by Yang Yang -
Number of replies: 5

I am running Moodle 2.2 and I have enabled Unlimited grades under the Grades->General Settings. However when I enter the Gradebook and turn the edit on, the max grade I could assignment a student under an activity is 1000. When I tried to enter 10,000 point, it shows thje error 'The grade entered is more than the maximum allowed'. I wonder why I was not able to enter more than 1000 points as I have enabled the unlimited grades. Anyone could help me with this?

Thanks

Yang

In reply to Yang Yang

Re: Unlimited Grades Issue

by Yang Yang -

I have added grading items to the gradebook and it has no problem of entering more than 1000 points. However, for the activities such as assignments and workshops, I was not able to score more 1000 points. I thought when I have unlimited grades enabled, it would override the activity max grades. Strange mixed

In reply to Yang Yang

by Yang Yang -

I have managed to change the limitation of 1000 points by going into the lib/grade/grade_item.php, and change the line 1247

$maxcoef = isset($CFG->gradeoverhundredprocentmax) ? $CFG->gradeoverhundredprocentmax : 1000; // 1000% max by default

It was10 and that was why I cuold only enter a max of 1000 points. I have changed it to 1000 and now I can enter heaps of points smile

Not sure if this is a good practice but it seems to be working. If anyone knows a different way of doing it, please let me know.

In reply to Yang Yang

by Bob Puffer -

Let us know how it goes.  When I've used unlimited grades in the past its gone quite wonky on me.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Mike Verna -

Hi Bob,

We are using 2.2

What do you mean by "wonky"?  We currently have it turned off, I had a request from someone to turn it on.  (It is on at another location the instructor is at)

I know the default is "off", and I assume there is a good reason for the default being off.

I would like to know the issues.

Thanks!

In reply to Mike Verna

by Bob Puffer -

I'll tell you honestly, I like to live on the edge and my faculty have been conditioned to that because I've acquired enough knowledge about how Moodle operates so I can fix their problems rather quickly.  

I've turned unlimited grades on, have had it on for one month and have not encountered any problems.  Running 2.3.3.