RTI for preschool and prekindergarten

RTI for preschool and prekindergarten

by Chris Williams -
Number of replies: 1

I just attended a conference on RTI and am keen to implement it at my small preschool/prekindergarten program. I would like to start gathering data in the areas of language, math and (especially) behavior learning, in order to screen and monitor children at risk, but am having difficulty finding screening and progress monitoring tools for this age.

I have read the excellent Roadmap to Pre-K RTI: Applying Response to Intervention in Preschool Settings published by the National Center for Learning Disabilities and followed up on its resources. DIBELS is developing a prek assessment, but it is not ready. Get it, Got it, Go! have IGDIs for infant/toddler emotional/social behavior, but not for preschool. They have screening for vocabulary and literacy readiness, but not math. I can always tally positive/negative behavioral incidents, using Positive Behavior Support (PBS).

Is anyone working with PBS, IGDIs or any other tool to screen and monitor learning at this age? Is anyone attempting to implement any aspect of RTI into their preschool or prekindergarten program? If so, I would like to hear about your experiences.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Williams

Re: RTI for preschool and prekindergarten

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Chris,

I have the feeling that you're not posting in the right place. This is a forum for people chit chatting about the Moodle Learning Platform.

i did a Google search for "RTI Moodle" which came up with a lot of sites but I've no idea which would be useful for you.

Cheers,

Glenys