Table layout in book

Table layout in book

by Robyn Stewart -
Number of replies: 1

When I add a table into a Book plug in, I cannot clear the right hand side. If I use less than 100% table width the text below moves up to sit on the right hand side of the table.

I have looked into the html and used the clear:right; code, but this does not work.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robyn Stewart

Re: Table layout in book

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Have you looked at the actual HTML for the table itself before you begin to populate the cells inside the table you have created?

Knowing how tables are written in HTML is something you should get to know, as most problems can be fixed quite easily within the HTML editing section.

Using inline styles in tables is OK but 'clear: right' only works with a 'float: right'. So unless an object close to your table has been floated, using clear: right will have no effect at all.

It sounds to me that by reducing the width of the table, some of the cells have collapsed and so pushed the text sideways and upwards into the next compartment.

I learnt most of what I know, about HTML, building websites using tables. And yet I hate using tables in the HTML Editor in Moodle, I find it really frustrating. So I can sympathise with you. But if you could explain exactly what you are tying to do and how many rows and columns in the table, perhaps I can help you sort it all out?

Mary