Understanding groups

Understanding groups

by Madeleine Rollason -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to moodle and looking for help, I need to have one course that can be split into regions (groups) that students sign up for, is it possible to do this using enrolment keys and groups?  

For example regional manager buys course for 10 students -> regional manager gets given enrolment key for region1 group -> he passes this on to students who then enrol onto to region1 group on the course.

Could anyone steer me in the right direction for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Madeleine Rollason

Re: Understanding groups

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Take a look at group enrolment keys here http://docs.moodle.org/en/Enrolment_key -and there is a screencast at the bottom of the page as well

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gideon Williams -

One very strange thing I have noticed whilst creating auto groups for new courses in Moodle 2.

With forums (and forums alone) you can set "questions" to be viewed only by certain groups.

Why can I only restrict forum questions to groups - how awesome would it be if I could restrict other features too  eg like assignments

Hope you are enjoying your holidays MC

In reply to Gideon Williams

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Madeleine - was this post useful to you in your setting up of groups?

And yes GW I am having a nice holiday thankssmile