uploading new language - help?!

uploading new language - help?!

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 10

Hi Guys, I have tried to install Espanol - Internacional (es) on my moodle 2.1.1 It looks like it is loaded but when I go to customise this I see

Checking out strings into the translator 0.69 sec 30%

What have I done wrong?

What can I do to customise this please.

Sarah x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: uploading new language - help?!

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sarah,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'm just going to move your post to the languages forum where hopefully someone will be able to help...

In reply to Sarah Jane

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Sarah

do I get it right that the progress bar stops at that 30% and the page dies? If so, please enable debugging at your site and increase the debugging level to the maximum. Some error message should appear.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Sarah Jane -

Hi David

I am getting Error writing to database.

Debug info: Incorrect string value: '\xC7\xB5ina.' for column 'master' at row 1
INSERT INTO mdl_report_customlang (lang,componentid,stringid,original,master,timemodified,outdated,local,timecustomized) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
[array (
0 => 'es',
1 => '22',
2 => 'unknownblockregion',
3 => 'The block region \'{$a}\' is not recognised on this page.',
4 => 'La región bloqueada \'{$a}\' no es reconocida en esta paǵina.',
5 => 1344095457,
6 => 0,
7 => NULL,
8 => NULL,
)]
Stack trace:
  • line 397 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 878 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 920 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 191 of /admin/report/customlang/locallib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 61 of /admin/report/customlang/index.php: call to report_customlang_utils::checkout()

Can you help?

Regards

Sarah

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Settings>Site admin>Development>Debugging

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Mary - Boy you are quick! thanks but I found it and now I see the error message.

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Sarah Jane -

Guys, can anyone please help me - I am only able to upload 30% of the spanish language.  Error code as above in previous message

moodle 2.1.1

I guess I need to clarify. The 30% upload is shown in the language customization section.

Thanks sarah

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Sarah Jane -

Seriously - can any one help me with the language issue I have ? See previous post

In reply to Sarah Jane

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Sarah,

Have you tried updating your language pack, prior to trying to edit it? I don't understand the error message well, but it might have something to do with an error in the language pack.

In reply to Sarah Jane

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Sarah, please see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=169338 and my response there. I still believe it is your database server configuration issue.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Sarah Jane -

Thanks guys, it was my server that was causing the problems. All sorted now thanks again.