Themes show in theme selector display in text only

Themes show in theme selector display in text only

by Dan Neri -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle Version 2.3

Everytime I install a new theme it does not dispay at all.  It shows the theme name text but that is it. If I activate it a theme with no preview, I get nothing but text, not formatting , no nothing.

See attached image as to what I see.

Please advise because this is making me go bonkers.

Also, using fatcow as hosting provider..

Attachment missing theme.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Neri

Re: Themes show in theme selector display in text only

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The image shows Moodle 1.9 NOT Moodle 2.3

If you are adding Moodle 2 themes these will not work in Moodle 1.9.

If you just made a mistake and you mean Moodle 1.9 then the way you are adding the theme is the problem. You need to read this help page.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Dan Neri -

Mary,

I am definitely on 2.3 and I just confirmed.  The theme I downloaded from the Plug section of moodle.org.   I unzipped locally then pushed to remote and that got the files there but still no theme.  I also extracted the zip folder directly on the server which again, got the files there but didnt show the theme.  

I guess I am confused. I have tried several times and with different themes. Does anyone have a WORKING magazine theme you can zip and and send me? 

In reply to Dan Neri

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The image you displayed in your first comment shows Moodle 1.9. The way the themes are displayed is totally different than Moodle 2.3.

For instance...

Goto Settings > Appearance > Themes > Theme setting and disable the Detect mobile device and also Copy the Custom menu into the text box provided.

See Theme settings for more information

In reply to Dan Neri

by Alex Walker -

That screenshot is Moodle 1.9. Moodle 2 doesn't have 'Preview' and 'Information' links and a 'Choose' button. All it has is a 'Use theme' button.