Edit SSL-secured login page to include site seal.

Edit SSL-secured login page to include site seal.

by Alexander Wiklund -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

We recently purchased a certificate for our server which uses SSL only on the login page. With the certificate we also received a link to a site seal which we would like to include in the footer. My problem now is that the javascript that verifies the seal checks if the page is comunicating over HTTPS, which in our case is only true for the login page. I'd rather not go in and edit the core moodle files, is there any other way to include the seal only on the login page?

I have already tried adding the code to the Additional HTML section under Site Administration-Appearance without success. We're using Moodle 2.3.1 (Build: 20120706)

Regards,

Alexander Wiklund

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexander Wiklund

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Edit SSL-secured login page to include site seal.

by Alexander Wiklund -

Hello!

Yes I figured it should work like that since the script is added to every page (which should include the login page). I've tried three other different themes and none of them worked either, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. 

You are correct, the script is in two parts where one should go within the HEAD tag and the other in the BODY. I've added both, and even tried moving the BODY script around to the beginning of the tag but to no avail.

I was informed by our issuer that the certificate would be valid for both www and non-www access, but I didn't think of asking about the site seal. I tried calling it with www in front as we normally don't use that, but only ended up with an "incorrect access" error. This is intended because we only want to use the non-www adress, but now I have forgotten what setting controlls this, and it would be good to know so I could try out your suggestion.

Thank you for your input though, it is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Alexander Wiklund

In reply to Alexander Wiklund

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.