Problems replacing existing Articulate course file with new

Problems replacing existing Articulate course file with new

by Dan Dolen -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All!

We are having problems replacing existing Articulate course file with a newly completly updated file.  Can anyone help?

Dan Dolen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Dolen

Re: Problems replacing existing Articulate course file with new

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Moodle are you using? Is this SCORM? (I am asking because you posted in the forum module but I think this might be better in the SCORM module) Is it a very large file? Might it not be possible simply to delete the old one and upload the new one instead?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Dolen -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response and for directing me to SCORM - I will post there as well.

Yes, we have deleted the old one, and installed a new one, but the old one keeps playing.  We are new at this (my co-worker, Elsa and I).

We must have missed something, but we've repeated this 3 x's now and get the same result: The old files persist, even though we've deleted them.

In reply to Dan Dolen

by Dan Dolen -

We use Moodle 1.9.

In reply to Dan Dolen

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try changing the name of the file when you upload it - Moodle might be caching the old one still.

In reply to Dan Dolen

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I don't use Articulate much anymore.  But I do recall that several years ago, some of my Articulate files did not play.  Then I learned that it had something to do with needing a newer version of Articulate.  I thought that this was odd, but remaking files with the newer Articulate worked.