Maximum Grade in External Tool

Maximum Grade in External Tool

by Steve Turley -
Number of replies: 4

I'm writing an external tool I want to integrate with moodle.  When I add it in, I don't see a way to have the maximum grade be anything but 100.  There seems to have been some discussion about this in MDL-20534, but as near as I can understand it Chris Scribner decided to leave the maximum as something that can't be set by the user.  Have I understood the conversation correctly?

If the max grade can't be set in the activity, is there some other way to do it?  I can't change it in the gradebook directly and I can't seem to find any other way to do it either.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Turley

Re: Maximum Grade in External Tool

by Dan Rapoza -

Did you ever see any progress in this? I'm running into a similar situation. Our external tool doesn't define max value for grades

In reply to Dan Rapoza

by Tiffany Morgan -

This is an old post, but I have the same situation and can't find a solution now either. Any new ideas?

In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Edwinna Lucyk -

I have the same problem with the external tool Atomic Learning.  There doesn't seem to be a way to set a grade other than 100.  Any help with this would be most appreciated.

In reply to Edwinna Lucyk

by Tiffany Morgan -

I submitted this to the tracker. If you agree this should be addressed you can vote for it here:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-49161

This is a major hurdle for our institution. With the large adoption of LTI of vendors the inability for Moodle to adapt easily (or at all) is amazingly cumbersome.