Scheduling a course in Moodle

Scheduling a course in Moodle

by Rangga Wiratno -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I am a complete novice in Moodle.

I'm wondering whether or not it is possible to assign a schedule to a single course so that it can only be accessed by certain users at certain time only, for a certain duration, and at certain days only.

For example: Students of class 3KA01 are assigned to the course Computer Technology which they can only access on Monday at 8.30 AM for a duration of 120 minutes only. When it is 10.30, this course will be unavailable for students.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rangga Wiratno

Re: Scheduling a course in Moodle

by Nitin Jain -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Rangga,

this is pretty much possible through Enrolment duration when you enrol students into any course.

you may select No. of days you wish a student should remain enrolled into any course.

hope this helps.

thanks
Nitin

In reply to Nitin Jain

by Rangga Wiratno -

Thank you very much for your reply Nitin

Where can I find the Enrolment duration option as I only found Enrolment start and end date, not hours in Settings>Course administration>Enroled users>edit a user. And the following applies too when I Enrol new users through the Enrol users button.

And another question: Is it also possible to make shifts, for example 10 shifts from 07.30 to 17.30 in which a single shift only certain users are allowed to follow a certain course. Is there like a plugin available to do this?

Thank you in advance

In reply to Rangga Wiratno

by Nitin Jain -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

Moodle doesn't provide any option for hours selection for enrolment end date.. by default it takes 12:00 AM as enrolment start date and enrolment end date.

Moodle store time in unix timestamp, as a trick, you may try editing timestamp manually through database and check if it works.. if it works then you may write some scripts to do that from frontend.

thanks
Nitin

In reply to Nitin Jain

by Rangga Wiratno -

Thank you again for your reply Nitin

Ok, I'll try looking into it and mess around with the timestamp, thank you very much for your suggestion. smile