Is Moodle Right for Me?

Is Moodle Right for Me?

by Craig Campbell -
Number of replies: 4

I'm trying to put together a learning management system for the company I work for. What I need is a system where students can take self-directed courses, and then, based on the courses they have completed/passed, they can browse and apply for paid projects. Is this something I would be able to accomplish with Moodle?

Thanks for your time!

Craig

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Campbell

Re: Is Moodle Right for Me?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes you can Craig

Moodle allows you to set up courses in any number of ways including self-directed, particularly with the lesson module or conditional activities to direct a student's path as/if needed.

You can also set up enrolment keys to limit access to courses along with paypal or other plugins to enable payment for courses

HTH

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Craig Campbell -

What we're looking for is the ability to list projects on our site. In essence, the students would be working for us on a per-project basis. We'd like to be able to post projects on the site, and only students who have completed certain courses would be able to apply for these projects. Does that make sense?

by Nitin Jain -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Craig,

Moodle would allow you to run any type of course you wish to run.. as you said projects would be listed on your website only so it means it will not linked to moodle and will not be run through moodle.. and student would apply for them through your website only.

So you run the courses through moodle, let student complete them and put a clear instruction on your webiste saying "To apply for this project you must complete xxxxx course from XXXX link". and you accept only those applicants who have completed the course in Moodle.

does it make sense to you?

thanks
Nitin

by Ashutosh Taunk -

You can bring your thoughts to work, to qualify this statement of your's you can use force enrolment and this affirms Nitin's view also.

Regards.