2.3 - delete Block without confirm

2.3 - delete Block without confirm

by Fernanda F. Ricou -
Number of replies: 8

It happened to me already a couple of times...

I add a HTML bLock (for example) and add to it many links and images and info and so on...

Later on I go back to edit it, and by mistake I click on the delete button right next to it... and it is gone! without asking for any confirmation...

Is this a "bug" or a feature?

TY!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernanda F. Ricou

Re: 2.3 - delete Block without confirm

by Dan Poltawski -
I think this was the same in earlier versions?
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Fernanda F. Ricou -

... at least since 1.9.13... I lost some work then, too.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I found a report of this in the tracker - MDL-6424. Please vote for it (tracker account required) if you'd like it fixed.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It's a feature.wink

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Fernanda F. Ricou -

If it is a feature ... we could do very well without it!

(In Site Admin/Blocks we can Protect Blocks from being deleted but is not what I need - sometimes I need to delete a HTML block, others I don´t want to - I just clicked on the delete icon by mistake,,,)

How can I vote?

TY!

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Fernanda "How can I vote?"

Go to the tracker - MDL-6424. To vote you must open an account first. Then simply click on the Vote link, then you'll be able to view the names of the voters. I have voted!

Joseph

Attachment 06-07-2012 08-37-30.jpg

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Fernanda,

I have used FireFox for years and this is one of the main reasons why. I have had this happen as well as accidently losing text in other locations on a page. I don't know which browser you use, but if it is FireFox there is a fix for losing data like this. There is a form recovery add on for FireFox called Lazarus. It has saved me many times!

It works in Moodle 1.9xx a little more intuitively than in Moodle 2.xx but it does work in both. When you lose the block, create another one. In Moodle 1.9, you can then right click in the text box and select "Recover Form" and it will magically put all the text, including the title back.

In Moodle 2.xx if you click in the text frame it won't work. The trick is to right click just outside the text frame, then select "Recover Form" and again it will be restored.

Hope this helps in the future,

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Fernanda F. Ricou -

Thank you AL!

I´m going to keep this tip in a safe place, just in case...

Nonetheless, if all other "deletes" ask for confirmation, in Blocks should behave the same way.

Pls vote for it on Tracker - as Helen Foster suggested, a couple of Mails before.