Question upload having images in ms word

Question upload having images in ms word

by Sourav Mukherjee -
Number of replies: 8

I have a requirement to upload questions in a quiz in ms word or ms excel format in moodle 2.0.9 which will contain images. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanx..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sourav Mukherjee

Re: Question upload having images in ms word

by Marty Soupcoff -

There are a couple different ways you can upload questions with images. See Moodle Doc - Import Questions and this forum. These talk about other formats though besides MS Word. If MS Word is really a requirement, there is a Moodle2Word conversion site. I've never used it so can't vouch for how well it works. The last option I can think of is using Respondus which is propierty software that you would have to buy.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I developed the Moodle2Word plug-in, and it should do the trick, but it doesn't really support Moodle 2.0.9, which is out-of-date, although I have some code I can send you. You can download the plug-in for Moodle 1.9 or 2.1 though. 

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Sourav Mukherjee -

Thanx, Eoin.  I have downloaded your plugin for 2.0+ and used it.(it said unsupported though) its not working properly. The upload and download is not working. sad can you please send me the code for moodle 2.0.9. Its pretty urgent. I have almost finished my work so I cant change it to 2.1 or 1.9. can you help me please. Thank you.

by Sourav Mukherjee -

It's still not working in moodle 1.9.18+ version. I am using moodle_quiz_v11 to create the doc files. In which format should I export it? I am exporting it in .docm format,actually I have tried it in all formats but none of them is working. each time I try to import the file it shows this error "Question import failed" and a link to this page is showing http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/error/quiz/importerror

What should I do?

In reply to Sourav Mukherjee

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The Moodle2Word plugin requires you to use its own Word template, which you can download from www.Moodle2Word.net.

The moodle_quiz_v11 Word template supports embedded images too, but works differently - you export the questions in the Word file to XML on your local PC, and then upload the XML file (and the image files).

by Priyanka Sinha -

Hi Eoin,

I am using Moodle 2.7 and installed moodle2word plugin. Its working well for questions which do not have images. Can you send me the documentation on how to use it with images? 

Also when I try to export the questions from the question bank, it always downloads an XML. Is there a way to export it directly as a docx file? 

Thanks!

Priyanka

In reply to Priyanka Sinha

by Eoin Campbell -

The Moodle2Word plugin supports the import of images that are embedded in the Word file.  If the images are just linked, it won't work. If you are having a problem, post a test file and I'll take a look.

The export facility exports an XHTML file but has a ".doc" suffix, in order to fool Word into opening it as a Word file. Some browsers (and Moodle servers) may not automatically prompt you to save with this suffix, so you may need to edit the default file name.

Once the file name has the ".doc" suffix, Word will open it in the normal way. However, you must then manually save it as a Word 2010 file with a ".docx" suffix if you want to edit it and import it again.

If you export questions containing images to a Word file, you must install a Word template in order to run commands to convert the image data into embedded images in the Word file. By default, the images are exported as hidden data. The template (available from http://www.Moodle2Word.net/) contains a command to convert this hidden data back into images, and insert the images at the appropriate locations in the Word file. It's a bit convoluted, but the best I can offer at the moment.

by Priyanka Sinha -

Thanks Eoin. Worked with embedded images/ convert images. 

Regards,

Priyanka