MyMobile and Moodle 2.3 (was Moodle.org is now running on Moodle 2.3 Beta)

MyMobile and Moodle 2.3 (was Moodle.org is now running on Moodle 2.3 Beta)

by Laetitia Nienaber-Oosthuizen -
Number of replies: 3

Installation of Moodle 2.3 Beta went well. Details: mysql 5.1, php 5.3.3, theme Aerie. Upgraded from 2.2.3. I have uber functions in the system, but just a normal moodler with no programming experience.

We use mymobile extensively as a student has the option to study using a computer and/or mobile. We used onetopic and collapsed topics in 2.2.3 successfully for mobile view. Aerie theme with the option of blocks in many positions resulted in nice tabs/buttons in mymobile view.

• Now with 2.3 mymobile is just not the same.

• The following are now displayed as text, rather than buttons, to the left of the screen on a mobile: Home, Blocks, Settings, Navigation, Calendar, Messages.
    • Tapping to enlarge also does not happen. I use an android phone.
    • In a course text (of activities, etc.) run over topic headings.  Also paragraph text is too close to the left side frame, which makes reading difficult. In a quiz the text runs under the heading. 
    • Tapping on navigation does not take me to whatever I select.
    • Collapsed topic, and onetopic now does not work. I knew these were not ready for 2.3, but silently hoping it would, as these are the two main course formats we use.

We are considering reverting back to 2.2.3 tomorrow, but while we are still in 2.3 is there anything we can do to make it better?

vGreetings, Laetitia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laetitia Nienaber-Oosthuizen

Re: MyMobile and Moodle 2.3 (was Moodle.org is now running on Moodle 2.3 Beta)

by Brent Lee -

I would suggest making a bug for this...

In reply to Laetitia Nienaber-Oosthuizen

by Ankit Agarwal -

Hi Laetitia,

Recently a patch was integrated to improve my mobile theme.

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-33357

Altough it doesnt solve all issues with the theme, still it was a major improvment IMO.

Feel free to report remaining issues you encounter by raising a issue in the tracker.
Hope that helps.

Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ankit Agarwal

by Laetitia Nienaber-Oosthuizen -

Hi Ankit & Brent

Thanks, I was able to update and very happy to say that it worked. MyMobile looks familiar again and with some new things!

vGreetings