Using the same lesson again - next year perhaps?

Using the same lesson again - next year perhaps?

by Jason English -
Number of replies: 4

Can anyone help me - is it possible to reuse a lesson at a later time? I have only just started playing with the lesson module and I'm quite excited about how well it seems to work. Before I invest hrs setting up a huge lesson is it possible to reuse lessons? I have only set the course for 10 weeks what happens after then?

Please help,

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason English

Re: Using the same lesson again - next year perhaps?

by Michael Penney -
Hi Jason, yes, just backup your course without user data, and restore it to a new course. Now you have a duplicate of your original course with all the lessons, etc. but without any user data (grades, attempts, etc).

Enroll new students and repeat the cycle as often as you like.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Lael ... -

Hi, this is good, but is it possible to actually re-use lessons as well as courses. eg; teaching a subject, realise a student is missing requisite knowledge... want to pull a lesson from a previous course, and make it available in another course...

this sort of flexibility would be ideal! - does it exist?

Lael

In reply to Lael ...

by Michael Penney -
Hi Lael, yes, in 1.5 there is a copy activities function. You can copy lessons in from any course you teach into any other course you teach.

Actually you can do this in 1.4 also, just choose 'add to exiting course' rather than create new course when doing your backup/restore.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Lael ... -
Michael,

Thanks! i appreciate the quick response! For clarification - when doing a backup/restore... do you mean of the course? or can you do backups of individual lessons and other objects as well? - then when restoring.. restore to different course?