Hide enrolled students in Gradebook

Hide enrolled students in Gradebook

by VJ Allred -
Number of replies: 4

We have the need to hide enrolled students in the gradebook.  I have not been able to find a similar topic.  I find numerous entries regarding hiding the gradebook itself but we wish to his active students in the gradebook. We are using Moodle 1.9.  Any help is much appreciated.

In reply to VJ Allred

Re: Hide enrolled students in Gradebook

by Elena Ivanova -

If I understand correctly what you are trying to achieve -  you can go to Site Administration > Grades,  locate Graded roles area, uncheck Student from there and Save changes. smile

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by VJ Allred -

Thank you Elena.  Yes we are trying to hide in the gradebook students who have completed a course and are still enrolled in the course.  The students have access to the course for 9 months and the course has a rolling enrollment format.  Teachers want to be able to see students in the gradebook who are still actively participating in the course but hide enrolled students who have completed it.  Hope this makes sense.  Would your solution hide all students in the gradebook or just the students who have completed the course?  Basically the teachers do not want to scroll through a large number of students to grade those in process.

Thank you so much for your input!

In reply to VJ Allred

by Elena Ivanova -

gotcha. It will hide all students.

In your case I would create groups for "old" and "current" students in the course, then put students there. 

Then set Course Settings to Visible groups..

This will give you a dropdown in the Grader report, to view one group at a time. So Instructors will be able to choose only "current" student pool. smile

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by VJ Allred -

Thank you, thank you!!  This sounds like it will work for them.  We'll give it a try.  I want to thank you for your prompt assistance.  Saved me many hours of fruitless endeavors.