html format removes dropdown list

html format removes dropdown list

by Nathan Lothamer -
Number of replies: 3

I am not sure of my exact moodle version, as I don't have access to this information.  I can only infer that it is a recent 2.1 release.

I'm having  a bug in the add question page. 

Whenever I select HTML format and save the page, then edit the page again, I lose the drop down menu.

This drop down menu has four options:

• html format
  • moodle auto-format
  • plain text format
  • markdown format

How do I get this drop down menu back?

If I cannot get this drop down menu back, how do I remove the <p></p> tags that screw up the orientation of the question?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathan Lothamer

Re: html format removes dropdown list

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nathan,

This is a long-standing bug/problem in the Lesson activity question editing which has never been attended to. I can only confirm that once you've selected the HTML format in the Answer (or Response) field you can no longer go back to the format selector.

What do you mean by "... the <p></p> tags that screw up the orientation of the question?" Please post a screenshot showing the problem.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Nathan Lothamer -

I worded that wrong.

I meant <p></p> tags that screw up the orientation of the answer.

"We have friends and family who would help us out if something bad ever happened."

Looks like this under view source:

<label for="id_answerid_225"><p>"We have friends and family who would help us out if something bad ever happened."</p>&nbsp;</label>

While another answer looks like this under view source:

<label for="id_answerid_226">"Let's take time to sit down and come up with a plan in case anything does happen."</label>

As you can see from the image below, the <p> tag messes with the formatting of the text.

formatIssue

In reply to Nathan Lothamer

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Nathan,

I can only agree that this display does not look very neat.sad But there's nothing we can do about it, except maybe posting a bug report in the Moodle bug tracker.

Joseph