End of Lesson page

End of Lesson page

by Alex Kittavong -
Number of replies: 8

Is there a way to edit the "End of Lesson" page? I just want to change the copy to it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Kittavong

Re: End of Lesson page

by Julie Goodburn -

I would like the answer to this also! 

In reply to Julie Goodburn

by Lynn Scarlet Clark -

Hello - you can modify the lesson.php file - there are text strings, such as "congratulations - end of lesson reached" that you can edit to include your differing text. Please note though, that this will change the text for ALL end of lesson pages in your site. To do it individually for a course (or courses) you'd need to know a lot of php!

Are you using version 1.9+ or 2? You can do this in both, but the menu names and manner in which you access these php strings has altered slightly. Basically in either, go to site administration and find the language editing - if you need specific information how to find these please say which version of Moodle you are using and I'll give you more advice.

In reply to Lynn Scarlet Clark

by Alex Kittavong -

Hey, thanks for replying! I am using moodle 2.2. I know php to get by.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You don't need to know any php for customizing your language strings. Just see the procedure in the Moodle Documentation (my message further down).

Joseph

by Lynn Scarlet Clark -

H - no need for php in this instance then - you just type in and it replaces the text string for you.

You must be an admin

Go to site admin>language>language customisation

choose the correct language from the drop down box

click 'check out strings into the translator' (this may take a while) then continue

In the selection box, scroll down until you find lesson.php and press 'show strings'

Edit or add to the following text string : "Congratulations - end of lesson reached" (this is about 2/3rds down the page)

click 'save and check in strings into files'

this should do it - remember this changes EVERY end of lesson page!

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Alex,

Sorry, but it is not clear what you want to do. Do you want to change the wording of the "End of Lesson" message?

Which version of Moodle are you using?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Alex Kittavong -

Yes, i want to change the wording at the end of lesson page. I am using version 2.2

by Joseph Rézeau -

See http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Language_customization

The documentation, says:

Tip: There is currently a problem with "execution time". If you get the "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 180 seconds exceeded" message, you will have to press the button 'Check out string into translator' several times to get the operation completed. See forum discussion.

Joseph