again request to anyone regarding any help during installation of moodle

again request to anyone regarding any help during installation of moodle

by raju malav -
Number of replies: 10
hi dear...
again i am announcing that if anyone getting any kind of error during installation of moodle on any plateform.
i dont want tht ppl also face problem which i already faced.so i want to help ppl..
thnkx

raju
Average of ratings: -
In reply to raju malav

Re: again request to anyone regarding any help during installation of moodle

by Georg Kerschensteiner -

Hi Raju,

thanks very much for your help, meantime I had success to install Moodle-Database.

Günther

In reply to raju malav

by reshma jagdale -
Hi raju ,
we are in the process of installing moodle , am getting this error
"we could not connect to the database you specified ,please check your database settings  "

can you please help ASAP
In reply to reshma jagdale

by raju malav -
hi  dear.
thanks for ur request..
first of all i want to ask and suggest some thing to you..
so first tell me could not it possible for you that u use linux..becuz on linnnnnux u can install it very easily as compare to  windows and if u r installing it for only single user(not for LAN) then u may proceed on windows.but to be very frankly if u use linux as server then i am damn sure u will never get any kind of error..u can make ur clients on windows no probs....but server must be on linux..
so this is whole abt from my side..now send me ur opinion..if u r still thinking moodle installation on windows..i will give u a link u just go throguh tht and install tht like a normal software..then u will never have to worry....
so send me reply soon..
bbye
gud nite

LMS

by reshma jagdale -

hello people,

i am in the process of installing an open source LMS , moodle is one of the contenders . I am eveluating various different free open source LMS's (learning management systems). I am also looking at Interact LMS.

please do let me know if any one of you have had experience in other LMS products, their comaprison , pros and cons.

Any comparitive information would be really helpfull.

Kind regards

Reshma

Re: LMS

by Art Lader -

Well, my experience with Moodle has been this: When i have an idea, a question or a problem, I come to this community and someone always helps me. Always.

When I use Blackboard, I do not even know where to go for this kind of support. Maybe there is someplace, but I do noit know where it is.

Hope this helps.

-- Art

by raju malav -
hi reshama....
till now u didnot tell me on which operating system u r going to install ur moodle...
if possbile plzz let me know ...
as now i installed it on both window as well as linux...
so let me know ur opinion....
bbyeeeeeee see u soon...
raju

by Penny Leach -
The NZVLE project has a technical evaluation of three LMS systems, moodle was one (we picked it)

Document at http://eduforge.org/docman/view.php/7/18/LMS%20Technical%20Evaluation%20-%20May04.pdf
In reply to Penny Leach

by reshma jagdale -

Thanks a Load Penny!! This was really really helpfull.  Thanks again!!

I would like some more info on the usability of moodle form you.

How long have you been using this LMS, how do you do content / document management ? I uploaded a document and then searched for it ,but the search results did not return the doc on search.

please do let meknow.

Regards

Reshma

by Penny Leach -
Hrmm. I don't really "use" moodle as such - I'm doing moodle development for different clients of ours (mainly polytechs) who use it.

Also, I'm not really your target audience for usability questions, to be honest, as I tend to think like a programmer.

Also, credit where credit's due. It was Martin Langhoff (http://moodle.org/user/view.php?id=13727&course=5) who did the technical evalutation I linked to before. Perhaps if we ask him nicely he can come and chime in to this discussion with some more information for you.

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Reshma,

Here is a great forum where you get lots of information comparing various LMS software--Comparisons and Advocacy. Use the search function with the key words (ie Interact) to find specific comments on what you want to know. If you do not find it, then post a question there--as many specific questions as possible.

Good luck,
Don