Database enrollment with MySQL problem

Database enrollment with MySQL problem

av Monico Briseño -
Antall svar: 3
Bilde av Testers
Hi, there. We create a external database to enroll our students in the courses. We follow each step to relate local and external record database. However, none our students appear in the course. Any help?

We are using Moodle 1.4.3+ and MySQL 4.0

Thanks in advance

Monico

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Monico Briseño

Re: Database enrollment with MySQL problem

av Kevin Johnson -

Hi. Students will not display in the course until they actually log in for the first time.

Have a GREAT day!
Kevin smiler

Som svar til Kevin Johnson

av Greg Speechley -

I have the external database enrollment working fine (I have a simple table of two columns..userId and courseId). This works for existing moodle students but if I want to do account creation and enrollment outside of moodle what do I need to do...just add the info to my table with the same column names as in mdl_user? I know I could insert the user details directly into the mdl_user table but I assumed there was another way since you can hook up an external database to moodle...

If I have to do inserts directly into the moodle database for creating students then why would I bother linking to the external database...I could just insert the enrollment info directly into the moodle db too thoughtful

Som svar til Kevin Johnson

av Christine Anderssen -

Hi,

I am new to Moodle and might be doing something silly, but for the life of me I cannot get the automatic enrollment with an external database right. Let me add here that i am trying to external user registration AND enrollment in one step.

I have therefore set up an external database with username, password, idnumber (which for testing purposes i've just created as a semi random string) and course ID (which corresponds to a string identification that I've put in on the course side in the course idnumber field). The Username and Password link works fine, the user account is created (with the semi-random string in the user idnumber field), but he is not added to the course. If I take off internal enrollments as an option on the enrollment parameters for using an external database, when the user clicks on the course it just comes back with an error - sorry, internal enrollments are not allowed, even though the user has been authenticated, logged in and saved his parameters.

Please assist!

Christine