Moodle migration 2.2.2 to Moodle 2.2.3 losing passwords

Moodle migration 2.2.2 to Moodle 2.2.3 losing passwords

by Rodrigo Hernandez -
Number of replies: 4

Hello there, I'm migrating the moodle installation from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3, everything goes fine until I got to the window for the login, I'm trying to get into the site as admin but I'm not having access, and I tried with the gest to get into the site but also I'm having the same issue, with any other of the users are happening the same.

If I install a completely new version, I mean, new database with the 2.2.3 then it works fine.

This is the environment:

Windows server 2008

Apache 2.2.21

PHP 5.3.8

MySQL 5.5.16

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodrigo Hernandez

Re: Moodle migration 2.2.2 to Moodle 2.2.3 losing passwords

by nayan v -

You should have waited for the offical release of 2.3 version before migration. 

I would suggest change the password by going to the database & changing it there. Then maybe you should be able to login. (fingers crossed) :D

by Chet Smith -

This is pretty easy to fix. 

Find an MD5 Hash generator (http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php)

Type in your password. copy the output, and then go to your User table. Find the user that you want to replace the password, paste in the new Hash. Viola!

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You probably lost the password 'salt' setting in the config.php. Make sure the salt setting is identical in the before and after config.php
In reply to Howard Miller

by L Schoreman -

I have this same issue, but I guarantee the salt is the same.  What else could be the issue?