Matrix-like test / dependency on starting values

Matrix-like test / dependency on starting values

by Uwe Klemm -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

one of our trainers requested a certain quiz format that is way beyond my Moodle skills. I assume it is not possible to do this using the standard quiz module, but perhaps there is a third-party plugin that could help...

I'll try to explain what she's got in mind. She wants to make her students calculate resistance values in electric circuits. For this, she wants to offer several combinations of two resistors. Depending on the students' choice, they should then figure out the resulting voltage values in the cicuit, these should then enable them to calculate all the remaining values in the circuitry. The whole thing should be presented in a gridlike structure.

To be honest, I don't have any clue how to make that happen in a Moodle quiz. On the other hand, the basic approach makes sense: depending on a certain choice of initial values, students should then be able to figure out several resulting values. This kind of looks like an equivalent to dependent activities in Moodle, right?

The Moodle in question would be 2.2, by the way.

Any helpful hint is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Uwe

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uwe Klemm

Re: Matrix-like test / dependency on starting values

by Pierre Pichet -

The calculated questions and multiple choice calculated (calculatedmulti) can be synchornized so that at a given attempt a student will receive the value for say {volt1} param to each question that used this {volt1}  param.

The {volt1} param should be defined as a category dataset param.

However the synchronization will work ONLY if the questions are kept in the SAME category and have the SAME NUMBER OF DATASETS

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Calculated_question_type#Synchronization

Pierre