Adding second quiz triggered by passing the first

Adding second quiz triggered by passing the first

by Erik Rosen -
Number of replies: 2

I have a multiple choice quiz set with a passing threshold of 70%.  If a student passes it, I'd like them to then be presented with a three-question essay test which would send an email to an administrator once they submit their answers.  I've looked around and can't figure out if I can do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erik Rosen

Re: Adding second quiz triggered by passing the first

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

The quiz module doesn't have an option to notify teachers via email whenever students submit their answers. However, since you need a three-question essay, you could do it as an assignment rather than a quiz. And the assignment module does have an "Email alerts to teachers" option.

Whichever module (quiz or assignment) you choose to use for the essay, you can use conditional access to trigger the essay based on the result of the multiple-choice quiz. Provided you're using Moodle 2.0 or later, that is smile

In reply to Erik Rosen

Re: Adding second quiz triggered by passing the first

by Erik Rosen -

Thanks so much!  Of course we have 1.9.10 installed and no Moodle guru to help us upgrade. I'll see what parts of your solution I can implement in this version..