info icon position in course categories page [Moodle 1.9.17+ (Build: 20120323)]

info icon position in course categories page [Moodle 1.9.17+ (Build: 20120323)]

by yuki yuki -
Number of replies: 16
In course categories page, the INFO icon(small icon) is showing right side. How can I show this icon beside the course name (where course name has end) Please see the attachment for clear understanding.
[Moodle 1.9.17+ (Build: 20120323)]
Attachment info-icon.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to yuki yuki

Re: info icon position in course categories page [Moodle 1.9.17+ (Build: 20120323)]

by yuki yuki -
???
In reply to yuki yuki

Re: info icon position in course categories page [Moodle 1.9.17+ (Build: 20120323)]

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Using Firefox with Firebug is a good way to find the CSS you need to change the location of this image.

HTH

Mary

In reply to yuki yuki

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

Mary means downloading something like Firebug for Firefox and then using this to view your site. Using the inspect element tool, you can find and alter CSS without fear of breaking anything. Once you find the correct piece of CSS and figure out how to alter it to suit your needs, then you can make the change for real in the theme's CSS file (or add it to the custom CSS box if the theme has one on a settings page).

Here is a video that may help you get started:

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

by yuki yuki -
Thanks. I am using aardvark_green theme.
But for my case when I inspect the css(using firebug) as a source file it is showing styles.php (sometime html.css) file but when I go style.php file there is no CSS.

There is a aardvark.css file; if I modify manually then something is changing.
Why aardvark.css file is not showing as a source?
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Try adding this to the end of aardvark.css

In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
Tnx it works
In reply to yuki yuki

by yuki yuki -
Sorry again. If you can help me, I appreciate.

In the course categories page http://moodle/course/index.php, it is showing course categories. But I want to put border between title/categories(I have 2/3 level categories and then courses). Please see the attached for clear understanding. I am using aardvark_green theme and my css fiel is: aardvark.css
I urgently need this if you could might help please.
Attachment border-between-course-categories.JPG
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -
.categorylist {  border1px solid red;}
In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
Many many thanks.
In your first solution: [position about info icon]
.categorylist {
width: 50%;
margin: 0;
}
In this soultion problem is if the course name is long then the page looks awful.

Is it possible to put that info icon where the course name end?
Example:
THIS IS COURSE NAME Infoiconposition (icon would be showing in here)
[not in far rifght side]
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -

It's not easy but the CSS selectors are...

.courselist td.course.name

.courselist td.course.info

You can experiment with both of these if you use Firefox with the Add-On Firebug

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
Where to write above can you give full explanation liek before. Thanks again. Please dont bother.
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -

Try adding this to your stylesheet.

div.generalbox table.categorylist tbody tr td.course.name {border: 1px solid blue;}

div.generalbox table.categorylist tbody tr td.course.info {border: 1px solid green;}

div.generalbox table.categorylist tbody tr td.course.info img {float: left; text-align: left;}

You can see then which element you need to change.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
I copied below code in my aardvark.css file:
div.generalbox table.categorylist tbody tr td.course.name {border: 1px solid blue;}
div.generalbox table.categorylist tbody tr td.course.info {border: 1px solid green;}
div.generalbox table.categorylist tbody tr td.course.info img {float: left; text-align: left;}
But nothing changes.
But when I put this below code:
.categorylist tbody tr td.course.name {border: 1px solid blue;}
.categorylist tbody tr td.course.info {border: 1px solid green;}
.categorylist tbody tr td.course.info img {float: left; text-align: left;}

The changes are like below: (from right align to left align but there is some cell is showing) Please see attached
Attachment info-icon-position.JPG
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -

Sorry there is NO way to do this in Moodle 1.9

In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
appreciate your help. many thanks. if anybody else can reply.