If I want to write some plain text with graphics /or want to put one jpg file in course categories page

If I want to write some plain text with graphics /or want to put one jpg file in course categories page

by yuki yuki -
Number of replies: 6
If I want to write some plain text with graphics /or want to put one jpg file in course categories page(http://moodle/course/index.php) Before or After the "Course categories" title then what I need to modify? Theme file or course index php file? file. If ttheme fiel then which one and how to? If course/index.php file then what is the code? Please see the attached pic for clear understanding. Thank you again for your help.
Attachment text or pic above course categories title.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to yuki yuki

Re: If I want to write some plain text with graphics /or want to put one jpg file in course categories page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yuki- just moved your question to the Themes forum as you might get an answer there.

In reply to yuki yuki

Re: If I want to write some plain text with graphics /or want to put one jpg file in course categories page

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Yuki, which Moodle version are you using ?

In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
Moodle 1.9.17
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hu Yuki,

You do realise that Category Pages are a kind of meta page and not designed to do anything other than display a list of courses?

It is far easier to edit a Course page. You could, in actual fact, create a course page to act like a category for a group of courses.

So to summerise, no you cannot add Images in a category page, but you can in a course page.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by yuki yuki -
My wesbite is not open and before login as an student I want to give all users too see all my courses. I could make a static page of list of courses but the problem is I have to edit it time to time if there is need but this index page case I dont have to edit and its dynamic morever it has I(info) icon which is giving summarry to the users of courses before enrolling or choosing those course. What can be the other best way to do it (except static one)?
In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Evans -

Hi Yuki.

Why not do something like this. I have changed the way the course view summary/info works on my Moodle 1.9 site HERE

#site-index.course .coursebox .summary,
#site-index.course .coursebox .info {
    width: 98%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

To set this up on your Front Page go to...
If you go to Administration > Front Page > Front Page settings

and then make the Front Page use Courses and site news or Site topic and Course.

Then whatever you add in each Course summary description be it images or text of both theme will show up like the example on my site.

HTH

Mary