Error: Could not find records...weird.

Error: Could not find records...weird.

by Mark G -
Number of replies: 3

We use moodle 1.9.10. It has been running really great, and have had few problems. However, a new user has been receiving this error when they click on a link inside a lesson. The link is simplydirecting them to another page in the course - of which they have access too.

Interestingly, this error does not happen for me (Admin), or for a demo account I set up several months ago....before we launched this particular course. It seems just to affect new users.

I have read another thread in the forums about this error, but I am not sure if that discussion applies to me or not.

Any help would be great. If I need to run debugging, can someone tell me exactly how that would work? ie: how to do it?

Hopefully someone out there can help mixed Also, would upgrading to the latest moodle 1.9.17  help with this error. I am nervous about upgrading. I don't wish to upgrade to 2.2 etc...

Thanks smile

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark G

Re: Error: Could not find records...weird.

by Mark G -

Well, I have upraded to 1.9.16 and the problem persists...any ideas out there? mixed

In reply to Mark G

by Michael Hermary -

The URL we were using to link to the lesson had "...&pageid=..." in it. removing the pageid allows the students to access the lesson. Once they have accessed the lesson that way then they can access the specific lesson page.

In reply to Mark G

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Turning on Debugging

Site Admin menu -> Server -> Debugging
The pick list for Debug messages set to: ALL: …

Probably would help if specifics to setup were disclosed:  Operating system, remotely hosted (and if remotely hosted with what provider), version PHP, etc.

Output of http://yoursite/admin/health.php might show something.

What filters are active?  Any 'auto-linking'?

What do apache error logs show?  Anything related?

Review of Lesson settings?  Any change to the settings that relate to linking?

Were any Locally assigned roles or override permissions set?

'spirit of sharing', Ken