Moodle XAMPP, installation issue with curl registration

Moodle XAMPP, installation issue with curl registration

by Ian McDonald -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I have completed an installation of Moodle 2.2.2 using the XAMPP package on a stand alone computer running Windows XP. Everything seems fine other than the final check which shows that the php/curl extension is still not being seen. I have removed the ; from the extension=php_curl.dll in  the php.ini-pro file and the php.ini-dev file but it has not been recognised. I have restarted Apache and re-booted the machine. Any ideas please?  Ian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian McDonald

Re: Moodle XAMPP, installation issue with curl registration

by Ian McDonald -

Figured it. We are up and running. Thanks for a brilliant resource.

In reply to Ian McDonald

by derrick onyeri -

Hey, how did you manage to install moodle 2.2.3+ on windows xp. i get an error when going to the next step after putting in my database details.

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 4600 of 14696 bytes in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodles\lib\htmlpurifier\HTMLPurifier\ConfigSchema.php on line 64

Fatal error: Unserialization of configuration schema failed, sha1 of file was 9524b4d0aa957fa29505084c694f2519f5d6f8fd in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodles\lib\htmlpurifier\HTMLPurifier\ConfigSchema.php on line 67

I just copied the error just in case(im using xampp 1.7.7:

In reply to Ian McDonald

by Alex IDenken -

Hi Ian,

I have same problem Can please help me figure this out. How did you do it?

Thanks,

Alex

In reply to Alex IDenken

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Alex,

You need to modify the PHP configuration file (php.ini) by removing the initial semi-colon from the line:

;extension=php_curl.dll