Upgrading

Upgrading

by Angela van Rij -
Number of replies: 3

I run Moodle 1.9.3 but want to upgrade to 2.2.2. Upgrade is giving me hassles so tempted to do a complete install of the new version. But then will I be able to import my 1.9.3 course material into the new version? And how do I do this? Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Angela van Rij

Re: Upgrading

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm not sure how we are supposed to help you when all the information is "giving me hassles". Tell us what is happening and we'll try to help.

As has been pointed out, 1.9.3 is ancient now and you'd be better upgrading 1.9 before you do much else.

You can just take a backup in each course in 1.9 and restore it in 2.2. It won't include user data though, so might not be what you want. Also, if you have lots of courses it will take ages.

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Upgrading

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Apart from the obvious, reading the Docs and providing all the appropriate information, you might what to upgrade to the latest v1.9.x before you do anything else. This makes the transition to v2.x easier when you do it. What Howard is suggesting is what is going to happen if you do not update first. I understand that making the move from v1.9.16+ to v2.2 is a lot easier than it was with the earlier v1.9.12.

If you do update and still experience problems, we will need to sort them before moving on up.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)