Old Face to Face and Moodle 2

Old Face to Face and Moodle 2

by Michelle Eames -
Number of replies: 13

Hi

Using Moodle 1.9.5, I have a course set up listing all my face to face activities that works as my course calendar.

We are looking to move to Moodle 2, can I import the old face to face details in to the course or will I have to set up this course and activities from scratch again? If so, is there any way of viewing the student being able to access their booking history from the old face to face?

Thanks

Michelle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Eames

Re: Old Face to Face and Moodle 2

by Michelle Eames -

Apologies if this has appeared several times.  I am having a problem with the internet timing out, resulting in multiple posts.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No problem Michelle, I've just deleted your duplicate posts, so people don't get confused about which post to reply to. Sorry I can't answer your question.

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Michelle,

When you upgrade you should be able to replace your old Face-to-face with the new version and it should upgrade with the rest of Moodle. Note that the newest version of Face-to-face only works with version 2.2 and higher.

Cheers,
Alastair

In reply to Alastair Munro

by Michelle Eames -

Thank You

We are testing 2.2,  I have added face to face to the mod block and the upgrade happened!

However, just 2 quick questions.

1. The Face to face block was really useful, has it gone or is there something I need to do to show it.  it isn't appearing in the list of blocks.
  2. I has the actual dates listed on my course calendar (saved me creating links!)  there was a bit of code that allowed that display in the old version.  What is it, and where do i put it if it is stall vaild.

Thanks

Michelle

by Michelle Eames -

Thank You

We are testing 2.2,  I have added face to face to the mod block and the upgrade happened!

However, just 2 quick questions.

1. The Face to face block was really useful, has it gone or is there something I need to do to show it.  it isn't appearing in the list of blocks.
  2. I has the actual dates listed on my course calendar (saved me creating links!)  there was a bit of code that allowed that display in the old version.  What is it, and where do i put it if it is stall vaild.

Thanks

Michelle

by John St -

Did the dates convert over for you as well? I am importing 1.9 backups of a course into 2.2. It restores fine and creates the sessions but the date of the session is blank... 

In reply to John St

by Michelle Eames -

The dates converted fine, all the logs, attendance etc worked brilliantly! just the sessions aren't displaying on the course page and it is driving me mad! (I have checked the tick box is ticked!)

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Michelle,

Getting the dates to show on the course page requires some custom code in core moodle. I haven't had time yet to figure out how to get this to happen in Moodle 2 so might require some investigation but shouldn't be too hard.

The modification probably needs to be done in the 'print_section' function in course/lib.php. I'll have a look into it when I find some time.

Cheers,
Alastair

SEssions in Face2Face not displaying on course page

by Michelle Eames -

Hi Alistair

I know you are busy, but any luck with working out the bit of code that will allow my sessions in a face to face activity to display on the main course page?

Thanks

Michelle

by Michelle Eames -

gentle reminder if getting the dates to display on the course page and the block are available.

Thanks

Michelle

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Michelle,

Here are the instructions. Please make sure you read the warning at the bottom as I can take no responsiblity for mistakes made when editing this file.

After the line:

if ($url = $mod->get_url()) {

around line #1646 in course/lib.php

add:

if ($mod->modname == 'facetoface') {
                        include_once($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/facetoface/lib.php');
                        echo '<div ' . $textcss . '>';
                        echo facetoface_print_coursemodule_info($mod);
                        echo '</div>';
                    } else {

and then add a closing bracket before the next else statement.

Warning: this should not be attempted by anyone without PHP programming skills as one wrong character may result in your Moodle installation being completely broken and unusable!!

Cheers,
Alastair