Grade Book Calculations

Grade Book Calculations

by Mark Yarrish -
Number of replies: 2

It appears that an instructor is getting a different percentage total in the Moodle grade book than she is from MSExcel.  I have run the numbers and I am coming up with what she has in Excel.  I have gone over each assignment and each category exhaustively and found nothing out of the ordinary.  What concerned me was that when I switched from SWM to Mean, with WMG being the overall course aggregation, the final grade did not change in Moodle.  Any ideas?  I've attached my C & I page, User report of 1 student, and the excel screen shot.  Thus far, there is a total of 327 points possible.

In reply to Mark Yarrish

Re: Grade Book Calculations

by Bob Puffer -

Needs:

1. Moodle version?
  2. if there are no labels on the excel spreadsheet how would a person know what the heck is going on?
  3. attach your settings tab page also
In reply to Mark Yarrish

Re: Grade Book Calculations

by Marty Soupcoff -

Building on Bob's reply - Yes, the excel screenshot isn't of much help without the column headers and also the formula that you use in excel.

I think it would also benefit us if you took a screenshot of the full view of the Categories & Items page so we can see if you have it set to exclude empty cells and as Bob mentioned your settings page.

Nonetheless, I have done the math and came out with an answer. Check out this video.