Add week in middle of term

Add week in middle of term

by A. John Peters -
Number of replies: 6

I am currently using Moodle 1.9 because my host has not moved to the newest PHP.

For the first time, our school has a week off during the middle of the term.  The terms are 8 weeks.  After resetting a course, I would like to add a week vacation in the middle of the term and move the next few weeks back 1 week.  Is there a way to do this?

This is the first time I am teaching a course with the same schedule, assignments and book and not forcing me to add a whole new course

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A. John Peters

Re: Add week in middle of term

by A. John Peters -

From the lack or responces, I take it there is not a way to do this?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi theresmile Sorry - I meant to offer a suggestion but didn't get round to it. Is your course set up in weekly format or topics format? If you make it topics format then you can call the topics any week you want and so then if you add a new section to the bottom (via the course admin>settings>number of sections) then you can move that section up in between the two you want and name it with the new week. Alternatively you can go to one week in the middle and add a Label, calling the label what you wish - and then adding the resources under the label.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by A. John Peters -

It was in weekly format.  Can I convert/ or add a week inbetween?

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Truth in suggesting …. I've not tried this … just thinking out loud ...

Wonder if one could switch the course format to topics, add a section, move the new blank section to the desired place (place for inserted week), then change the course format back to weekly (check start/end date, etc..)?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Arvind Dubey -

Yes, you can add one more week inbetween any two selected weeks. for this you have to go throught the following steps as here.

1. edit the course settings.

2. add one more week in this course

3. now move this earliest added week inbetween two selected weeks.

Now by this way a new week can be added inbetween two selected weeks.

In reply to Arvind Dubey

by A. John Peters -

Term Ends tomorrow. Up to my neck in alligators. Will not be able to test until Sat AM  Will Backup test and let you know.

Thanks for the support

John

PS hope my server gets upgrade so I can be on latest version by fall.