by Susana L. -
Number of replies: 7

I have a feedback activity on moodle frontpage (main menu block). On settings I have "Send e-mail notifications" set to "YES" ("If enabled, administrators receive email notification of feedback submissions.").

I have an admin user with a valid email address, but I didn't receive any email notification with feedback submissions.
But I receive daily notifications of scheduled backups...

What am I missing here?

Thank you!

Moodle 2.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susana L.

Re: Feedback : admins not receiving email notifications

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Susana,

the admin have to be assigned into the frontpage or the feedback as teacher or a another role what has the right "mod/feedback:receivemail".

Best regards
Andreas

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Susana L. -

Thank you Andreas. Now I do receive emails! smile
Cheers,
susana

In reply to Susana L.

by Sandeep Kankatala -

Hi Susana

Does this mean the admin needs to be enrolled in every course as a teacher? Could you please explain me of what you have done?

Thanks.

In reply to Sandeep Kankatala

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Susana,

the problem is, that not all feedbacks shall be sent to the admin. Therefore you have to assign the admin to the feedback or a higher context maybe the course or the category.

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Diane Villemure -

I am the admin of a site with version 2.2.2 of Moodle. I have the feedback activity on the home page. I tested and I am not receiving emails of responses.

In Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> Feedback I have set "Allow full anonymous" to "Yes" (If this option is set yes so the feedback can be completed without any preceding logon. It only affects feedbacks on the homepage.)

In the Feedback Administration, I have set "Send e-mail notifications" to "yes". Just in case, I added "Manager" as a role to Receive email notification mod/feedback:receivemail. I checked permission for my account and got a "yes" (Allowed) next to mod/feedback:receivemail

I checked the email log on the server: no entries. I checked the error_log on the server: no entries.

Any ideas?

In reply to Diane Villemure

by Diane Villemure -

I followed the recommendation in this forum and it worked! I added myself as a Teacher using the 'Locally assigned roles' of the Feedback module and I am now receiving email notification of responses.

In reply to Susana L.

by Shailesh Sharma -

Hi Susana,

I need to use this feedback activity on my courses which i have in my moodle platform. 

Could you let me know the steps to do so.

Thank you.