How may I move a Moodle block from one course to another ?

by Rolf Hemmerling -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

beginner's question:

The block may consist of several "work materials" and "acitivities" - as far as I see, I can just move such items within a course from one block to another. And I can change the order of blocks.

( sorry I work with the german edition, so sometimes I don´t know the exact english words )

Sincerely
Rolf
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rolf Hemmerling

Re: How may I move a Moodle block from one course to another ?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Guten Morgensmile Est gibt ein Deutschsprachiges Moodle here http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=18

If you are a teacher in both courses then in the new course you can click "Import" in your Course administration. You then choose the course where your block of activities is that you want to copy. Then you choose the activities you want to copy into your new course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: How may I move a Moodle block from one course to another ?

by Rolf Hemmerling -
Thanks alot,

a)
but I was told that there the position of the block within the course is important for a successful copy,

so that I just can copy

block 10 from course A to block 10 to course B,
so that block 10 must be empty in course B ( to be made empty by moving an empty block to that location, in course B, manually ).

Can I get rid of this restriction, and if so, how ?

b)
I just learned that at "Edit setting" the option "Force language" should be set to "do not force" to enable me to read the English words I manually translated from German.

Sincerely
Rolf