Moodle 2.0: Loud speaker icon for multiple choice questions options?

Moodle 2.0: Loud speaker icon for multiple choice questions options?

by E T -
Number of replies: 4

Hello all! I hope you can help me with this question I got from a teacher: 

"Can you set up the multiple choice questions so that the kids have a question and then 4 selections each having the same image of a loud speaker?  They click on the loud speaker and it says something.  Each loud speaker choice says something different and then the kid clicks on one of the ovals to choose the correct audio answer.  Can this be done?"

Any input is greatly appreciated! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to E T

Re: Moodle 2.0: Loud speaker icon for multiple choice questions options?

by E T -

The real question is whether it is possible for the audio to play in the same windown (the quiz window) and not open up in a separate window? 

In reply to E T

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

See question 14 in http://labspace.open.ac.uk/mod/quiz/view.php?id=437794 (you will need to self-enrol yourself in that site to be able to attempt the quiz.)

Short answer, yes, you can do it in in any version of Moodle except from Moodle 2.0.x. If you are using Moodle 2.0, you need to upgrade to 2.2 (or 2.1).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by E T -

Thank you, Tim. As I suspected, if I insert an image and link it to an audio file, once you click on the image the audio file opens in a separate window --- looks like there is no way to avoid that. Thanks again! 

In reply to E T

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you turn on the multimedia filter, and then just link to the audio, doesn't that do what you want?