I try install latest moodle version and i get this problems. pls help

Attachment Capture.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to 9999 tttt

Re: Install problems

by Hari Ravi -

Hi,

I just gone it through.

You have created a database. No table created yet as it looks for you to fix it.

Go back to your database via phpMyadmin

Select your database and go to the lastone Operation and under collation select Utf8_general_ci and hit the GO button and you are done.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hari Ravi

by Christa Graves -

I have the same problem. I did what you said and changed the Utf8-general_ci and have still the same problem.

Below my server settings to prove it.

In reply to Christa Graves

by 9999 tttt -

how can i change this

The XML-RPC extension is not enabled on the server. You can not publish courses or manage published courses.

how i can add people on or allove them registration?

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Christa,

Are you creating a new database or working with an existing one? Are you doing a new install, an upgrade or a migration? What Moodle version are you using?

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Christa Graves -

Hi, thanks for looking at my problem.

I am attempting a new install. Have downloaded Moodle 2.2.2+

I have also created a new Database, in fact I have done this twice now and set it to utf8-unicode-ci whereas 1&1 had set it for utf8_general_ci, but it did not make a difference. I am still getting the same message that I am not running UTF-8. After the first install I deleted the config.php so I could attemp the second install just in case you assume I get the same error because of the config.php.

At both attempts I also got a message to check for xmlrpc, because of that I checked my php version and the only thing I can do is set it to "php5" or "php dev". The help section of my provider says if I need a higher version than php 5 I should set it for php dev, which I have done. Again that too did not change the install message, which is still a problem with UTF8 and xmlrpc, for everything else I have got an ok. 

I probably do not need to install the latest version of Moodle, given the problems I am experiencing would I be better of installing a different version?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Christa

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Christa,

Creating your DB with utf8_general_ci is ok, thought you can also use utf8_unicode_ci.

About php, you should stay with php5. What specific version (5.?.?) is set when you choose php5?

Finally, just to be sure, check that you have a MySQL 5.0.25 version or greater.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest M 2.2.2+ version (build 20120405) to see if I noticed any problem during the installation process, but I have just installed it ok.

I started by creating the DB using ut8_general_ci:

Create DB using utf8_general_ci

Once I created it, I got the confirmation message:

Database prueba has been created.
CREATE DATABASE `prueba` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

If you want to try, you could create your DB using the above SQL command (just change the name "prueba" to your own DB name) or, if you have already created an empty DB, you can try and use the following SQL command:

ALTER DATABASE `prueba` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Afterward, I created a new user and added it to the DB; I got the following confirmation message:

You have added a new user.
CREATE USER 'prueba'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***';
GRANT USAGE ON * . * TO 'prueba'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***' WITH MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `prueba` . * TO 'prueba'@'localhost';

Once I created my moodledata directory, I started the installation process and selected the "Improved MySQL (native/mysqli)" database driver; all the required tables were created and the process ended ok. The following are the DB related lines in the resulting config.php:

$CFG->dbtype    = 'mysqli';
$CFG->dblibrary = 'native';
$CFG->dbhost    = 'localhost';
$CFG->dbname    = 'prueba';
$CFG->dbuser    = 'prueba';
$CFG->dbpass    = 'prueba'; 

I hope this will help you see if there is something different in your own process. If you still have problems with the DB, I think you should try and ask your hosting provider to see about this, as this should be quite a straight forward process.

About the xmlrpc php extension, you should definitely ask your provider to help you enable it: while there are many ways in which you could solve it, solutions are quite dependent on how the provider has configured the server. You might want to send them the following link as a reference:

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/admin/environment/php_extension/xmlrpc

Hope this helps,
Guillermo

In reply to Hari Ravi

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi 4t

> how can i change this
>
>The XML-RPC extension is not enabled on the server. You can not publish courses or manage published courses.

It depends on the server. On Debian, Ubuntu, etc. "(sudo) apt-get install php5-xmlrpc" and "(sudo) /etc/init.d/apache2 restart" would do the trick. If you have some other interface, your hoster must provide the information.

Could you solve the unicode problem in your original post?

@Mod: It would be better if the subthread http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200049#p872610 is split from the original discussion, they tend to be two different things.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Oluwatobiloba Adebanjo -
The XML-RPC extension is not enabled on the server. You can not publish courses or manage published courses please sir i need your help AM JUST A FRESH MAN TO COMPUTER SCIENCE AND DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT WEB HOSTING BUT I HAVE MY OWN CPANEL HOW DO I DO IT ?
In reply to Oluwatobiloba Adebanjo

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You are probably going to have to ask your host either how to enable it or have them do it for you.

In reply to Oluwatobiloba Adebanjo

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Once in cPanel, click on "Select PHP version."  You should be able to pick php 5.5 (approximately), and then pick all the correct php extensions, including xmlrpc.  Make sure to also pick zip, gd, mastering, intl, opcache, mysql, and soap.  The "save".

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Oluwatobiloba Adebanjo -
Pls can i mail you privately i have issues updating bulk users and it stays error with database  pls can you help me out so i can contact you with my cpanel details consult@tryantech.com