Strange error in Administration pages

Strange error in Administration pages

από Frederic Nevers -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 13

Hi,

whenever I try and update settings in my administration section I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Base lambda function for closure not found in /var/www/mod/lti/settings.php on line 69 Call Stack: 0.0023 824104 1. {main}() /var/www/admin/index.php:0 0.2419 7361632 2. admin_get_root() /var/www/admin/index.php:349 0.5073 11518624 3. require('/var/www/admin/settings/plugins.php') /var/www/lib/adminlib.php:5929 0.5951 15519392 4. include('/var/www/mod/lti/settings.php') /var/www/admin/settings/plugins.php:21

I can still access the rest of Moodle fine, it's just the admin section that's broken. Has anyone got any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Cheers,
Fred

EDIT: Moodle 2.2.1+ on Ubuntu 10.04 Server LTS with APC cache

EDIT 2: it seems as though it's a problem with apc - looking into the issue now

Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Frederic Nevers

Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Frederic Nevers -

replying to my own thread - posting a message onto Moodle.org seems to have unlocked something in my brain.

For others if you have the same issue - this only happens when I try to update admin settings I accessed using the administration search box (updating individual admin items is fine).

Whenever I empty the APC cache then it works again, so that could be a stop-gap solution. Restarting Apache also helps. There have been reports of APC throwing up errors like this so I wonder if it's a problem with that.

Anyway, problem's gone for now

Cheers,
Fred

Ang: Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Bente Olsen -
Φωτογραφία Testers Φωτογραφία Translators

I have just got the same error message on the page /admin/index.php after installation of the Hotpot module in Moodle 2.2.3+

However the "Fatal error" does not seem to have any influense on Moodle, Moodle and Hotpot seem to work as expected. I havn't cleared any cache or done anything else to repair the error.

My Moodle runs on Ubuntu too.

Σε απάντηση σε Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Gordon Bateson -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Peer reviewers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers

Bente,

could you copy and paste the exact error, so we can see the error stack trace? Frederic's error originated in the "lti" settings.php script. I would like to know if the error you got came from the same place, or from somewhere in the HotPot module.

Also, could you clarify whether, like Frederic, the error "only happens when I try to update admin settings I accessed using the administration search box"?

thanks
Gordon

Σε απάντηση σε Gordon Bateson

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Bente Olsen -

Hi Gordon

I'm sorry, I can not help you with that. I got a blank page with nothing but the unformatted text, no moodle header. I made a copy of the page, there were nothing more at it. I do not remember anything about further error messages.

Fatal error: Base lambda function for closure not found in /home/path-to-moodle/mod/lti/settings.php on line 69

If I get a moment I will try to replicate it.

Afterwards I installed the Nanogong activity module, that gave me the same 'fatal error' message on an otherwise blank page. In this case I also got

mod_nanogong

componentname_capabilities array is deprecated, please use $capabilities array only in access.php files
  • line 2333 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 2432 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to load_capability_def()
  • line 523 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to update_capabilities()
  • line 271 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
  • line 1437 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 269 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
Succes

That is the closest I can get for now.

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Bente Olsen -

Just got this error message again when installing a new block (beta):

Fatal error: Base lambda function for closure not found in /home/path-to-moodle/mod/lti/settings.php on line 69

No other specifications and the site is still running as usually, now ver. 2.3.1.

Weird.

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Pascal Maury -
Φωτογραφία Plugin developers

Hi,

Moodle 2.3.1
Ubuntu 10.04 Server LTS with APC cache 3.1.3p1
PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.17
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)

This happens also for me. It is not easy to reproduce because this bug occurs only sometimes! For me, it is when I use the administration search box.

I got a blank page and in the apache log I got :

PHP Fatal error:  Base lambda function for closure not found in /var/www/moodle/mod/lti/settings.php on line 69

Here the line 69 :

69 $configuredtools = array_filter($types, function($value) {
70       return $value->state == LTI_TOOL_STATE_CONFIGURED;
71    });

I can still access the rest of Moodle fine, it's just the admin section that's broken during few minutes only.

It seems as though it's a problem with apc : https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=52144

Pascal

Σε απάντηση σε Pascal Maury

από Melissa Benson -

I'm having the same issues when I try and access any admin page I get the following error: Fatal error: Invalid opcode 153/1/8. in /var/www/moodle/mod/lti/settings.php on line 69

Is this a Moodle issue or php? Is there a fix?

We also jsut installed eaccelerator

Σε απάντηση σε Melissa Benson

από Hooman K -

Same here. We got the exact same error message, and had just installed e-accelerator.  We are able to reproduce this error message at will simply by clicking one of many items under site configuration such as Security->Authentication, or Appearance->Additional HTML

Σε απάντηση σε Hooman K

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Strange error in Administration pages

από Bente Olsen -

This strange error have visited me again. This time I updated a relativily new test installation via cvs. After copying a plugin and config.php into the new folder I went to my browser and ran moodle/admin/index.php

Moodle accepted my server and the plugin and then returned with the now well known error message:

Fatal error: Base lambda function for closure not found in /home/moodle-path/mod/lti/settings.php on line 69

I had Debug messages on DEVELOPER: extra Moodle debug messages for developers, but I got no other error messages.

After reloading the page everything looked as normal.

από Geson Perry -

At first I thought it was the moodle installation (upgrade to 2.3, plugin problems etc.) and then I noticed some problems with the apache and eaccelerator.

I would think it is a matter of installing the newest version of  eaccelerator for PHP5 (recompiling etc.) and combine the installation suggested in the moodle docs and the authors. I have Ubuntu 12.04 and all works fine now. I used the PHP extension settings rather than the Zend extension (described here: https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/wiki/InstallFromSource ) . The moodle docs has some other settings (for an older verison that didnt work in my installation). The moodle docs did describe the compiling issue nicely. http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Installing_eAccelerator_In_Ubuntu_Server

At least this worked for me. Good luck!

Σε απάντηση σε Geson Perry

από al tobing -

Hi Gason,

Have you ever measure performance difference between eaccelerator on and off? Is it significantly boost performance?

I want to know because I disable eaccelerator at the moment.

Thanks χαμόγελο

Σε απάντηση σε al tobing

από Geson Perry -

Hi Al,

I my environment it is a performance boost, even though it might not be that overwhelming but still enough for me to use it. It is noticable.  I may not have bothered to use it if it wasnt for the problems I experienced with the moodle admin pages. It was something wrong the setup that got solved with the reinstallation of the eaccelerator. How this problem happened I still dont really know. Moodle and everything worked fine for a long time before this problem suddenly occurred.

I just dropped a note in this forum as I searched for a solution but didnt find any apart from my own. I thought others might find it useful as it wasnt a moodle problem per se.

So if you enable the eaccelerator again you would be able to measure it your self?

Best regards
Geson

Σε απάντηση σε Geson Perry

από al tobing -

Hi Geson,

My eaccelerator was once on, and I got crashed evey now and then, and when I checked the log it was poiting out to eaccelerator. Thanks for sharing this info, I will try to dig more info about this, because I use windows, so I need to find some adaptation χαμόγελο

Best regards

Al