How to install moodle 2.2 on yahoo small bussiness cpanel ?

How to install moodle 2.2 on yahoo small bussiness cpanel ?

by madhusudhan r -
Number of replies: 4

hi
our company hosting moodle site in yahoo small bussiness. i created my moodle site my home pc i want to install the same site on yahoo cpanel, i mean transfer my moodle site to yahoo cpanel i saw this video but im confused but moodle 2.2 on yahoo cpanel.... http://ic.eflclasses.org/tutorials/settingupmoodleonhostingwitholdcpanel.swf

please any one help me on this my moodle version is 2.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to madhusudhan r

Re: How to install moodle 2.2 on yahoo small bussiness cpanel ?

by Guillermo Madero -
In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Alex IDenken -

This is killing me... can someone please post a step by step installing of moodle 2.3 to Yahoo Smaill business? I am facing lot of errors and after resolving the first problem another error appears. It's killing me. 

Please, thank you.

In reply to Alex IDenken

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

You can use cPanel or you can use FTP, but I am pretty sure you cannot use both...  One way that SHOULD work is that you create your own Moodle on your own machine, then using FTP upload the code but not the config.php file. Run the installer and it should create the database.

Of course, you can always cheat and use the database you already have and back that up using phpMyAdmin to export the tables as an SQL file, and then using phpMyAdmin, which should be available in the server tools, to restore that to your Yahoo site. There should be something in their help files that would assist you in doing that. 

As an alternative, use the cPanel instructions that should be on the Yahoo Small Business server somewhere. You run the risk of the cPanel itself causing massive problems. Check to see if your database has been created, then check to see that it is a utf8_unicode_ci, InnoDB collation. If not then the source of your problems is cPanel, not Moodle.

In reply to Alex IDenken

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Alex,

Maybe you could post some of the errors you are getting. Otherwise it'll be difficult to help you.