Removing Columns from the Grade Administration Excel Export

Removing Columns from the Grade Administration Excel Export

by Daniel Newbury -
Number of replies: 3

Hello. I would like to simplify the output of the Grader Report Excel Export to show only First and Last name, ID Number, and Grades. I don`t need Institution, Department, or Email Address. Until now, I have been simply going in and deleting these columns each time I download to Excel. However, new teachers are using the data and I would like to simplify their experience. Any help is appreciated.

Daniel Newbury

In reply to Daniel Newbury

Re: Removing Columns from the Grade Administration Excel Export

by John Ryan -

I get round this problem by having a second excel spreadsheet that I have created which links to the sheet downloaded from the gradebook.

This allows you to skip any unwanted columns and also allows you to add other features e.g. formatting.

Once created you can download an updated sheet and the links can be set to automatically update.

In reply to John Ryan

by Daniel Newbury -

John,

Thank you very much for your help to my problem. Can you send me a tutorial on excel spreadsheet linking or the google keywords to find out how to do this? I have not had any luck. I`d like to see this in action and set it up for the new teachers to the system. Again, I really appreciate your help.

Kindest Regards,

Dan

In reply to John Ryan

by Daniel Newbury -

Actually, John, per my last email, I found something that may help me out. Don`t worry about it, and again, thanks for your help!

Dan