Extra Credit Column does not appear

Extra Credit Column does not appear

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings - I am training our faculty to use the Moodle Gradebook.  I am confused on the Extra Credit column.  In my demo course I sign in as faculty and the aggregation is set to Weighted Mean of Grades.  In my course Extra Credit column appears.  When faculty set-up their gradebook using Weighted Mean of Grade, the extra-credit field does not appear.  Can you please help me add the extra credit column to the faculty gradebook.  I am in Moodle 1.9.9 in Windows.  There are no graded items in the demo gradebook that are marked for extra credit.  I am a little confused.  Thank you for your help.

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Extra Credit Column does not appear

by Marty Soupcoff -

Extra credit does not work within a category that is set to Weighted Means of Grades. See here for an explanation why.

As to a workaround, see Itamar's explanation to another person who had a similar question.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Nancy K Hoke -

I think I have it - but I need to confirm - If I set the Gradebook to Weighted Mean of Grades - with 3 Categories - I can set the Quiz Category for Weighted Mean with Extra Credit - and that will allow for the extra in the Quiz category to be applied. Correct?  - Thank you - Nancy K.

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Marty Soupcoff -

Extra credit won't work in any category that is set to be as weighted. Can you attach a mock up of how you want it to be calculated? Or perhaps take a screenshot of your current categories & items page and describe how each assignment and category is suppose to count towards the final course total. I think it would be easier for me to describe the process instead of guessing at what I think you want.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!