Moodle 2 on cloud ...

Moodle 2 on cloud ...

by Saumil Trivedi -
Number of replies: 3

Hi pavel,

i am newbie for moodle, i am using moodle 2.1 on amazon EC2 instance with 2GB RAM, but moodle is running very slow when user move from one page to next, around 300-400 users will use it.

can you tell me minimum system requirement on amazon cloud to run moodle efficiently?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saumil Trivedi

Re:Moodle 2 on cloud ...

by Pavel Gonzalez Garcia -

Hi Dear Saumil

I think the first what you must have is see the performance of this server.

For example in SSH with the command: top

top provides an ongoing look at processor activity in real time. It displays a listing of the most CPU-intensive tasks on the system, and can provide an interactive interface for manipulating processes. It can sort the tasks by CPU usage, memory usage and runtime.

Please run the command top for see what service or process are overload and sent me a printscreen.

After you will doing that i can suggest a best configuration for you.

Best regards, Pavel

(Edited by Visvanath Ratnaweera - original submission Wednesday, 7 March 2012, 02:31 PM)

In reply to Saumil Trivedi

Re: Moodle 2 on cloud ...

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hallo Saumil

I've split your enquiry from the original thread "System Requirements: Moodle for 100000+ Students and 10000 simultaneous users" http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=195807 since this is a completely new subject.

Did you see the initial documents for this forum in the introduction?

Talking about monitoring, we collected a couple of tools recently: See "How do you monitor your Moodle server?" http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=192162.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Moodle 2 on cloud ...

by Saumil Trivedi -

Hi Pavel & Visvanath,

thanx for your response, my initial problem is solved with the following,

- remove logs & - purge all caches

now i'll check the performance for 300 users at same time.

Thanx again.