creating course/lesson bundles

creating course/lesson bundles

av Kim Taylor -
Antall svar: 3

I am trying to see if Moodle can do something before I jump on board.

Apologies if I don’t get the terminology right – courses, lessons etc all have different meaning in Moodle world.

Essentialy my courses are qualifications. A qualification consists of units. Learners must do 5 units and can then choose 3 units from the list of available units.

Can this be done and how? I can see where to start learning about this.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Kim Taylor

Re: creating course/lesson bundles

av Mary Cooch -
Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators

Hellosmiler Well -various ways to do this:

*use a separate Moodle course for each "unit" and enrol the users manually yourself in the 5 mandatory ones and then allow them to self enrol in three other (units) courses out of the other 10, Or use course metalink and enrol them into the first mandatory course and have them automatically enrolled into the other four mandatory ones -then they self enrol into the others
* put all units into one course with 15 topic sections. Make them do the first five topics and with crafty  use of conditional activities with a forum, get them to choose three more units which will then open up for them. It's quite complex but do-able. The documentation is here (look at Tricks and techniques) http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Using_Conditional_activities

Som svar til Mary Cooch

Re: creating course/lesson bundles

av Kim Taylor -

hi Mary

i have been looking more at the documentation and i found the following under examples of using meta courses:

Core subjects with fees based upon course groupings

You have 3 course subjects and want to offer them for sale in different packages. The meta courses will contain your subjects. A normal (non-Meta course) course will be the gateways to the meta course(s). Course 1 is your gold package. Meta course A, Meta course B and Meta course C all link to Course 1. The silver package is Course 2. Meta courses A and B link to Course 2. You have also set up individual courses that have a link from a specific Meta Course to them. Thus you can offer and charge for each meta course separately or in some combination.

This is pretty close to what i want to achieve. what i want to be able to do is automate the whole thing so that when someone pays for the course on my website thay are emailed an enrolment key and can then self enrol. i can sent an enrolment key email via my shopping cart no problem.

This would be self enroling to the Course 1 on the example above, which would then automatically enrol them to the unit metacourses linked to it.

does this sound feasable?