Glossary in hierarchy

Glossary in hierarchy

by Jonathan Rabson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

This is a basic question...I see there's a feature for Glossary at the Topic level.  So basically, a topic could be a Glossary.  This creates a problem because one of my topics should have a glossary, and if the glossary is its own topic, then the numbering of all the topics after it is wrong.

I see that one way to get around this is to make each of my topics a separate "course."  But conceptually, they aren't really courses, they're just part of one course.

So what I'm wondering is how to do one of the following?

1) Put a glossary inside of a topic instead of making it it's own.

or 2) Customize the numbering so that, for example, the glossary can be "topic 2a" and then the next topic would be "topic 2b" so that the one after that comes out as topic "3" instead of being "4."

PS - If I go ahead and make my topics into separate "courses" but use the automatic linking feature in the glossary, presumably that won't work, right?  ... As I would expect that the glossary's automatic linking of terms would only work within the course....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Rabson

Re: Glossary in hierarchy

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Jonathan,

This is the Lesson module forum.

Please re-post your question to the Glossary module forum.

@Chris, please delete this discussion once Jonathan has posted his question to the proper forum.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Glossary in hierarchy

by Jonathan Rabson -

Sorry, I put it here because it was part of a lesson.  I've just reposted under Glossary.

Thanks