wiki type

wiki type

by Ale . -
Number of replies: 3
Something really weird... I´m supposed to be able to choose the type of wiki I´d like: Teacher/ Groups / Students.
Right... I don´t know why but I can´t. When I go to the updating page instead of having a menu for choosing I get a predetermined option: Groups.
I have attached an image file and I´d be very grateful to anyone who could give me a hand.....
Ale

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ale .

Re: wiki type

by Herbert Keijers -
AFAIK once you made a wiki, the type can not be altered.
In case of also a newly created wiki can't be "type choosen" you should check your configuration of your course.
Probably you have choosen groupmode --> ... and Force --> Yes ?
(I'm not shure about the exact English words in bold)
In reply to Herbert Keijers

by Ale . -
Thanks a million Herbert! You were right! Once you make the wiki and an it has been edited you cannot change the type.
However there is something I still don´t understand:
I´d like to choose the option: Groups + no groups that is, only one wiki that the teacher and all the students can view and edit  but I can´t!! Once I choose "groups" I canot see how to set the group setting...
I´d be very grateful if anybody could give me a hand!
In reply to Ale .

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You need to set the activity (or the course's) group setting. To change an activity group setting, go to the course page and turn editing on. Next to every activity you will see the group switch icon. Clicking on it will rotate through the group modes. Stop when you get to 'no groups' (icon looks like a single person).

mike