managing 'student wiki' activity

managing 'student wiki' activity

by Dennis Daniels -
Number of replies: 6
How do I, as the teacher/admin easily identify who has been active in their wiki? I need a page that tells me which student page has been edited... is there a page or URL that can help me put the 'lean' on non-performing students?

dgd
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dennis Daniels

Re: managing 'student wiki' activity

by Drew Buddie -

Dennis,

You can EASILY track who has done what in a WIKI with the 'HISTORY' tool.  I used this to great effect recently.  You get a '-' sign and different colour to show how it was before and then a '+' and another different colour to show the change that was THEN MADE (important as more changes may have been made SINCE).  Hence you can see at a glance a COMPLETE list of each edit, who made the edit, how it looked before and what it looked like after they made their edit.  Couldn't be simpler, really.  And it's dead dead useful.

In reply to Drew Buddie

by Dennis Daniels -

v 1.4.3+
I love wikis!

I set the wiki up as a student based wiki

On my page
I see: Other Wikis:

But no history tab page...

I am familiar with the use of wikis:
http://dennisgdaniels.com/tiki-index.php

I can see a long list of all the students pages in the rolldown but there is no way to see who's doing what at a glance...

Please see the screen grab... Did I set up the wiki improperly? Is the only way to see active pages is through groups?

best and many thanks!

Dennis

by Dennis Daniels -
What I'm saying that there is no history tab anywhere to be found for the admin for 'student' focused wikis

... is this a problem with 1.4.3+?

thanks!
Dennis

Please see the screen grab
http://moodle.org/file.php/5/moddata/forum/366/85997/screen_grab.swf

Here's the settings page in the attachment.

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
  Because you are looking at a student wiki, you need to select a student from the drop-down. When you do, you should see something like the attached image.

The wiki you have posted is for student '-unknown-', which is really nothing.

If the wiki is a group wiki, and you are a member of a group, or the wiki is set to the group mode 'no groups', then you will see that wiki by default. Same for a 'teacher' wiki.

mike
Attachment wiki.gif
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Sue Bicknell -
Thanks for this. It answered my problems too. I had added "student" not Group. Started again and it is now what I wanted.
Sue B

by Lars Jensen -
Hi Dennis,

It's under the "History" tab.

Lars.